Friday, August 1, 2014

Inspired by Nature

So many new products to play with today with the launch of the new Ideas Book and Catalogue- make sure you click through my blog to see some of the new SOTM ideas.

I was lucky to be able to use some new products for this month's Heart2Heart scrapbooking challenge- Inspired By Nature.

I must confess, I am very partial to chickens and so when the Jubilee paper pack came out I was so excited! I had been saving the complements for a very special page though, as I just couldn't bear to open them. However, when we did a family holiday down south at the beginning of the year, we stopped by The Giant Chicken at the side of the road in Waianakarua. I always used to stop here for a photo opportunity when I was a young girl and later as a student when I was at Otago University, so it was really special for me to continue this tradition with my boys. I ended up created a page dedicated to the Giant Chicken, using my precious Jubilee Complements as well as the new Seaside papers and Gold Sequins.



That same day, we also stopped just down the road at Moeraki Boulders to have afternoon tea and a walk along the beach. The seaside papers were perfect for this page, and I also added some of the Later Sk8r Picture My Life cards to the page. The new Gold Shimmer Trim and some fussy cutting from a new stamp set were also added to the page.



Here is the double page layout in its entirety.



How will you be inspired by Nature this month? We would love to see your scrapbook layouts.

CTMH supplies used:
Cardstock: Flaxen, Lagoon, White Diasy
Embellishments: Gold Sequins, Gold Shimmer Trim
Ink: Black, Lagoon
Paper: Seaside
Picture My Life: Layer Sk8r
Stamp sets: Happy Birds, Jubilee WOTG
Tools:  EZ Dots Adhesive, Micro-Tip Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!