Monday, April 20, 2015

Artbooking In April- What a Wonderful World

Today I am sharing another mini album for my Artbooking In April series- using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge to create paper perfection!

This album was inspired by the Heart 2 Heart challenge this week- What A Wonderful World. Travel certainly makes me look at all the different things my beautiful country of New Zealand has to offer, and at the beginning of this year we went on a family road trip to Cromwell at the bottom of the South Island.

I created this album using the Artbooking 8x8 Travel Mini Album as well as the 6x8 Summer Mini Album as I had a few pages! I cut the pages themselves in Whisper, Glacier and Canary cardstock, and used accents in Pacifica, Honey, Outdoor Denim and papers from Seaside, Tommy and Wanderful.

Here is the title page- off we go on our adventure! I love this overlay cut from the cartridge- it gives the page a definite wow factor!



I mixed a combination of 8x8 pages, half pages and 6x8 pages throughout the book. Here is the back of the overlay page as well as the back of one of the half pages with a family photo on it, and a 68 page with some photos of the boys playing during our lunch stop.



Cromwell is famous for fruit, so we had to get a photo of us with the giant fruit! I also got some great shots of my son playing in the mall, where I have photos of myself as a young girl. The Oh Snap and photo frame were cut from the Cricut, as well as the apple.



Another fun overlay and a notebook style page were great backgrounds for photos of our cherry picking, and the retired Jubilee button with a cherry on it was perfect!



Some more half pages are scattered throughout the book, as well as some small journalling boxes that I stamped.



The Cricut Artbooking mini albums even have some great envelope style pages, perfect for memorabilia. On this page I had some photos of us on the lake (our first time fishing and everyone loved it!) so I placed the fishing licences in the pocket. I also added a fish embellishment from the Seaside WOTG and some epoxy bubbles.



I was a bit of a big kid on this holiday, and loved the flying fox at the Dinosaur Park. My husband was more interested in the car museum!



One of the main reasons we went on this holiday was to celebrate my grandparent's wedding anniversary and their birthdays, so I also have some family photos throughout the book.



The last page is another fun overlay page, featuring some stickers from the Wanderful Complements and a little note about how much we loved Cromwell.



 This was such a fun mini album to do, and I really loved how easily it came together using the Artbooking cartridge.

Be sure to check out my other Artbooking in April posts, and if you have anything related to this wonderful world link it up with us at H2H!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mini. I really do like how you mixed up the sizes the way you did. The half pages were a fun change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lauren, really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!